The 21st century is one that has introduced several changes in how things are done. This is thanks to technology and the modernization of human minds.
In dentistry, cosmetic dental works are the leading reasons why people are getting their teeth checked. People are realizing the importance of healthy teeth, thanks to the idea of beauty and cosmetic elevation.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
In Engineered Smiles, we defined cosmetic dentistry as a specialty that is focused on improving the appearance of teeth and the mouth features in general. It involves altering the shape, size, color, and texture of teeth, to make them more aesthetically appealing to the eyes.
What Issues Are Tackled in Cosmetic Dentistry?
Having that the appearance of your smile is affected by many factors in your mouth, many oral problems are addressed in this specialty. To achieve these, dental veneers, composite resins, dental crowns, and other oral bonding procedures are performed. Some of the issues corrected include the following:
- Discolored teeth – teeth discoloration is not a new concept in cosmetic dental care. In Marietta, GA patients present several reasons for teeth discoloration. Some include food pigmentation, medication, thinning of the enamel, tooth decay, to mention a few. Whichever your reason, the primary concern is getting rid of the discoloration. You can resolve for other procedures like teeth whitening. However, cosmetic works are a less invasive solution to brightening the color of your teeth.
- Broken, chipped and cracked teeth – cosmetic dental works can be used to alter the shape of your teeth when they are broken or cracked. Besides, the cracks on your teeth are easy to cover with oral veneers or composites.
- Spaces between teeth – instead of orthodontics, you can close the gaps in your teeth using cosmetic solutions, say, dental veneers.
- Crooked teeth – the overlapping of your teeth can easily be covered through cosmetic oral works.
- Irregularly shaped teeth – some people have very poony teeth, while others have unusually short teeth. This could be to natural factors, teeth grinding or traumatic accidents. Cosmetic dentistry is very reliable for reshaping such teeth, creating evenness and symmetry in your dental formula.
What is The Importance and Role of Cosmetic Dentistry in the 21st Century?
Beauty is becoming a building block for a quality life in this century. It is so because beauty inspires how people feel about themselves and how confident they are to express that side of themselves. Cosmetic dentistry has done a lot to help patients find their inner beauty. By improving the look of their teeth, patients become more confident in life. Other underlying benefits include:
- Improved oral hygiene – people tend to take better care of the things they love more than those they do not. Since people like their cosmetic teeth better than not, they work to keep their mouths clean and healthy.
- Improved oral health – there is no cosmetic dental clinic that will only work on the appearance of your teeth without caring for the health. Health risks like plaque, dental decay, receding gums, among others have to be addressed.
- Immediate results – some treatments in dentistry require a lot of time before you can realize any results. A good example is an orthodontic treatment. For your teeth to be realigned, it could take months, and sometimes years. Instead cosmetic dental works allow patients to enjoy their results quicker than not.
- Regular dental visits – because you want to keep up with a beautiful smile, you tend to be more accommodative of family and cosmetic dentistry. Regular dental checkups no longer feel like a burden to people.
- Accessible dental care – some people feel like dental care is not for them because of the expenses that make more procedures inaccessible. Cosmetic dentistry tries to bridge that gap by offering several alternative treatment options for patients. This way, instead of going for surgical and invasive procedures, you can settle for a quick and non-invasive treatment.
There is nothing wrong with desiring a cosmetic alternative for your teeth. If it can help you build your confidence and feel better about yourself, why not try it? Talk to your dentist about the available cosmetic solutions that could work for your oral issue. You will be shocked at how many alternatives there can be to treating one dental problem.